Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Leaving for California

That plan didn't work too well.

I got to Sacramento around 6am this morning. I had planned on getting in much closer to midnight. I got up Tuesday around 10am, needing to finish packing the kitchen and bathroom. Not really that much stuff. I guess I dragged more than I should have and it took me way to long. I wanted to leave by noon, 1pm, but I wasn't in my car until 4:35pm. Then, I hit some rush hour traffic leaving Phoenix. During the drive, I got to find to that, no matter what time of day it is, there are always going to be a lot of people driving around Los Angeles.

Around 1:30am I realized I should probably pull over and take a nap, which I do for an hour. Of course it wasn't the most comfortable place to sleep, not being able to adjust my seat much, but if you know me you will know that I can pretty much sleep anywhere.

An hour nap, then back on the road. As soon as I hit the highway, I have the sudden need to go to the bathroom. After feeling this, I see a sign, 'Next service area 35 miles'. Not sure if I should just pull over or if I can make it, I keep driving and mercifully make it without any incident. After that, I buy a water at the gas station and the cashier proceeds to talk to me for like 45 minutes. Must have been lonely.

Well, the rest of the drive was uneventful. May talk more about it in a later post. I got in, saw Brad sleeping on the couch and thought I should let him sleep, he may have been sleeping out there just waiting for me, but he probably would like his sleep more than seeing me. (He wasn't waiting for me and has informed me that he is not a morning person. Really glad I let him sleep.) Though I did scare one of the other roommates when I just walked by the door she was walking out of. Great first impression!

And then I slept.

1 comment:

  1. Some how things rarely go the way we plan. Makes when they do go as planned, seem just awesome!!

    ReplyDelete