Saturday, August 14, 2010

Getting the Girls

I have recently realized how irresistible I am to women. It is sort of crazy how girls fall in love with me everywhere. Not that its always a good thing. Let me explain....

Either late May or early June, Brad and I did an install at the McDonald's house. Brad started the install, I came a little bit later to finish while he went to another job. Mr. and Mrs. McDonald have a young, 3 years old, daughter who was very shy the whole time I was there. She was on the couch watching a movie with her father, I think it was the newest Rambo movie, perfect for any 3 year old female, just what they always want to watch. Anyways, each time I looked over I would see her eyes peeking over the couch looking at me, I would smile and she would duck. I would laugh to myself and go about my work, not thinking much about it. Mid-July, I get a call that their Internet has been having issues since the install of our equipment, so I drive over there to fix it. As soon as I get there, this little girl (whose name I can't remember) excitedly yells, "Tom's here!" This three year old girl remembered my name after like a month and a half? I must have made an impression. (Brad believes its my beautiful hair.) She then asks, "Is Brad coming too?" Both I and her father laugh. While I work, she stands at the opposite side of the room, just watching me and smiling from the doorway, every few minutes, telling her parents, "Tom's here!" What a sweet little girl with some really nice parents. I wish all my customers could be like that family.

About a month later, my upstairs neighbor's daughter starts talking to me. I don't really recall how this started but she has decided she wants to have a water gun fight with her friends against me and my roommates. She talks to me just about every time she sees me, which is normally when I am going to a job. I think I was just taught not to be rude, especially not to kids, so I will usually talk to her and her friends for a few minutes, maybe getting to an appointment a few minutes later than expected. I believe this girl has a crush on me, as much as any 9 year old girl ever has a crush on someone.

These girls got me thinking. First, a 3 year old, then a month later, a 9 year old. Every month it jumps by 6 years. In two months, a 21 year old will fall in love with me. This is good because I do have my eye on a certain one.

1 comment: