Sunday, August 30, 2009

It's been a while

Well...guess that whole 'once a day posting' won't be happening. I sort of got lazy, then sick, then just lazy again. It isn't like I was sitting by my computer laughing at anyone waiting for me to post. I was hanging with some friends, and by hanging out, I mean sitting around watching a movie, going to the pool, or playing cards. I just find it funny that the last thing I wrote about was cabin fever, then I really get sick. Well guess it's time for a big update.

I got sick. I know it isn't really what you were waiting to hear about, not being exciting at all but whatever. It wasn't fun, never is. Sort of this annoying cold and lingering cough I had for more than a week. It was right before some of the other guys ended up getting sick. The worst part about getting sick before everyone else is that they all blame you for getting sick. Not that I gave them anything, they just wanted to blame someone.

I went back to Phoenix the other day. Had to pack my old apartment up and put everything into storage. Normally not a bad job, but the AZ heat made the little job into something that drained everything from me, Mike and Jesse. Glad to say its done and I won't have to move out of there until some time when it should be cooler.

It was nice to see a few people in Phoenix. I didn't really have time to see everyone I wanted to but I was grateful to spend some time with some good friends out there. We even got some Rock Band in, which is ALWAYS good!

Oh, about the job. I had been told that it depended on how the year round offices that they are starting go. If they went poorly, and couldn't afford another person, I wasn't going to get a job. When I went back to Phoenix, I stopped in to see them. They let me know that they had to let someone go and will be holding the job open for when I get back from extension. They are actually going to have me go out to San Antonio for a few weeks, probably around a month, and then come back to fill in the position. Pretty happy to FINALLY hear I have a job with them. Well, that I have a job in general!

Tonight, I went to visit the Belts, a great family from EHWC. It was really nice to catch up with them and find out somethings about why they left. It made me miss Buffalo a bit but also realize that the biggest reason I miss Buffalo, the people, are also the most mobile. (HINT: That means you can always visit me!) It is a bit sad that they moved down right before I am leaving the area, but also gives me a good reason to visit. Not that I didn't already have friends to visit here anyways.

Well that's about all I can think of needing to share. If I remember anything else, I'll put it in the next blog. Maybe I can get back on the 'once a day' Fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. It was good to read your update. I'm glad you got to visit with the Belts, they seem like nice people.
    You sound like you have been very busy and it all sounds good. Glad everything is working out about the job.
    It was really good to hear your voice!!!
    I, for one, will be glad for more frequent blogs!

    ReplyDelete