Friday, September 25, 2009

A few thoughts on Pride and Prejudice

I am still reading Pride and Prejudice. My sister would probably be ashamed with how long it is taking me to read this but I don't invest nearly as much time into reading as she does (Not many people read as much as she does) I can really see why people love this book and why it is a classic. The book has, at times, really pulled me into the story. Though it is not normally the type of book I'd read, I am finding myself reading into the early morning hours. I usually will read it till I fall asleep, and many times have woken up the next morning with it still in my hands cause I didn't want to stop reading. Don't get me wrong, it is not the most exciting book in terms of action. As far as I know, there is none. The intriguing thing about this book is the human interactions between the characters. With every sentence I read, a picture is painted in my mind of what is going on. When this happens, you know you have a good book.

Just thought I would let everyone know I am enjoying the book. Still don't know how comfortable I am telling people I am reading what I consider one of the mostly 'girl-y' books ever.

1 comment:

  1. Hurray for you!! That is what the book is all about- human interactions! I am very impressed and I'm sure you are reading other less "girl-y" books. Let me know what you think of it when you are done.

    ReplyDelete