Monday, September 28, 2009

STAR TREK!!!

All day, I had no idea what I was going to write here. So instead of writing something random earlier, decided to watch the new Star Trek movie. (Not really new, I am just a bit behind the times.) I have to say, I loved it! I thought it would be a cliched Star Trek movie, making nonstop references to the show and only really catering to the hardcore fans. It surprised me in how accessible they made this movie. Of course there were the silly quotes from the old shows, but I felt I could jump right in knowing VERY little about the original shows. A movie with great action, an interesting story, and all the beeps and whistles you would find in any 'Star' movie. (I really think I had heard some of the sound effects and background noises in one of the Star Wars movies.)I recommend this movie to anyone looking for a captivating action movie. It doesn't hurt that it has the Star Trek name. Who doesn't know something about that show?

I just have to say, I was sort of distracted by who played the bad guy. I knew I had seen him in something before but I couldn't figure out who he was the whole movie. Turns out, I had seen him in a lot. Eric Bana, darn you for distracting me. I had to look it up right after the movie finished. I should have known that one.

1 comment: