Thursday, January 14, 2010

Facebook Fans

I was just on Facebook, a place I spend way too much time. I don't really do much on there besides check my friends' statuses to see what their up to and if anything interesting is happening with them. I like checking it on my phone cause it doesn't give as much info in the news feed. Mostly, it's just friends' statuses and comments between common friends. When I check Facebook on my laptop, it also shows the games people are playing and people that I am not friends with but some of my friends know that I may just have not friended yet. It also shows what I think is the most annoying thing on the whole site: Fan pages.

Honestly, I do get some of these pages. If you a fan of a sport team or celebrity, you can become a fan to show that to your friends. I get why their is a fan page for things like Comic Book, X-Box 360, Harry Potter, MLIA, Christian Bale, Tupperware, The Buffalo Sabres, Green Lantern, and Sleeping In. I understand pages like that, those are things that you like and want to show others that you like them. I DO NOT get the pages like, and these are actual pages, 'I screamed your name and you didn't hear me, thanks for making me look stupid', 'I hate stupid little kids who think that they are baddasses', 'You know what? I don't care. This is how I roll, and roll I shall', 'When I was your age, we had to blow on the video games to make them work', and 'Or you can just ignore me... That's cool.' I just don't get how you are a fan of any of these things. Maybe it's just me, but I think these things are totally ridiculous. And, it seems that the people who join these groups, join all of them. Whatever, guess I should just let it go since it deally doesn't affect me at all.

(I just didn't have anything better to write about.)

1 comment:

  1. Like what you wrote about and agree with you - some people have way too much free time

    ReplyDelete