Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Year's Goals

I am the type of person who will say he is going to do something and not always follow through. Only with things that would benefit me, though. Like working out more consistently or writing a story that I've had in my head down. Yeah, those are the types of things I spend a lot of time talking about and almost always never doing. Well, after reading my brother's blog, which can be found here, and seeing him post a list of his goals, I thought I should do the same. So here it goes....

1) I am going to try to post around 200 times this year. I am not going to try to kid myself into thinking I'll be able to post every day, but 200 seems like a good number.

2) I am going to try to work out more. Not really sure how to gauge this, so I though, if I can get up to doing 15 pullups by the end of the year, I'll be good. Can't do any now. Well, maybe one, depending on how much form you are judging.

3) I am going to learn Spanish well enough to have a basic conversation with someone. Already working on it but still have a ways to go.

4) I WILL take 3 recreational trips. At least 1 of them will be to somewhere I've never been. I am thinking of Orlando, Buffalo, and either Chicago, Mexico, San Deigo, or Seattle. Just cause.

I think that's about it as far as goals go. I mean, there are other things I want to do, but I need to start small, right? Maybe I'll remember to check back in on this half way through the year. Maybe.

2 comments:

  1. Reading your blogs is like talking with you. Ever thought of being a writer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have. MY issue with being a writer is that most of my thoughts are very disjointed, jumping from idea to idea. I never really come up with great ideas or flesh them out. For now, it's not something I would do, but maybe one day I'll write something down.

    ReplyDelete