Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Snow!

The other night, I was called by work. They were shorthanded and needed someone to drive to Flagstaff for them. For those of you who aren't familiar with you Arizona geography, Flagstaff is about two and a half north of Phoenix in the mountains. Having nothing better to do, I agreed. I went to pick up the package at 10pm Sunday night. I had been told it was only going to be one box for 40lbs. When I got there and found it was actually 4 packages for 170lbs, I was wondering how to get it up to my car. Luckily, a nice skycab, one of the guys with the carts that help people with their luggage came over and helped me get it to my car.

On the drive to Flagstaff, I was on the look out for snow the whole time. I didn't notice any until I got within an hour of the city, but I could have missed it, being so late at night and so dark. When I got to the location to drop the boxes off, I noticed there was snow there. I realized I haven't seen snow in around 374 days, since I left Buffalo after visiting for Christmas '08. Thinking I don't know when I'd see snow again, I decided to run into it. After taking one step in, I thought that was enough of that. I made a snowball, but didn't have anything to throw it at so I just threw it into the street. Enough snow for me for a bit.

Ont he drive back, I got to see a coyote and tons of stars. It's nice to get away from the lights of the city ever so often to just see the billions of stars. Made for a decent trip.

1 comment:

  1. You are still a Buffalonian at heart!!
    Still think you write some really good stuff!
    Have a good/night
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete