Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Like a Child

Sometimes, I feel a lot like a child. You know. Like, when a child wants a toy. It might be something another child has and he is just jealous, or it's something he saw on a TV ad and knows that he wants it. He thinks that that one thing will make his life better. That it is the key to his happiness. When he finally gets it, he may enjoy it for a bit, but soon enough, he will find a new thing to fancy, whether it is the box the toy came in, something another child has, or just another ad. Then that new thing becomes the key to his happiness.

Yeah, I sometimes get like that. I guess I just need to do a few things.

1) Be grateful for what I have.

2) Really consider if this new thing is something I really want. Is it worth the sacrifice to get?

3) If/when I get it, make sure I value it as much as possible.

I really believe this is an issue that more people then just me have a problem with. Hope you find these thoughts interesting/helpful.

1 comment:

  1. Thomas, I am very impressed! This shows alot of thought and depth - good for you! And I agree.

    ReplyDelete