Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Seeing What I Can Be

I often think about what I want to do when/if I grow up. Recently, my idea is to become a Math professor or some other college teacher. I have told a few of my classmates and friends this and the normal reaction is, 'Yeah, I can totally see that.' I'm sort of glad that people see that as a fitting career for me, not that it really matters. I think I would eventually fit into whatever career I wanted to pursue. My only issue with it is that, yes I would like to teach, but am not going to kid myself into thinking it is really any type of glamorous job. I really wish people would say that they could see me doing something much more exciting, like alligator wrestling, world traveler, or professional spy.

Somewhat sadly, I couldn't find classes for any of those careers. Guess I'll just have to stick with my current plan.

2 comments:

  1. I vote for alligator wrestler or professional spy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once had someone tell me that the Dierks Bentley song "What Was I Thinking?" reminded them of me. Pretty much just a guy doing a bunch of really stupid stuff cause he's with a hot girl. Not really sure how I feel about that.

    And like you, I'll always feel a little ripped off that my college experience didn't include even one professional spy course.

    ReplyDelete