Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patty's Day!

Today is St. Patty's Day. A very special day for any Irish people. I think it's as special to the Irish as Cinco De Mayo is for Hispanic people. I could be wrong on that one though. I have never been much into politics but thinking about St. Patty's Day got me thinking.

One of the few things I have been taught about St. Patrick is that he drove the snakes out of Ireland. Pretty impressive if it isn't just a legend. I wonder if Ireland still has any snakes. I wish he hadn't gone to Ireland, cause Washington D.C. might be able to use the chasing of snakes out of town a little more than Ireland did. I am not talking about the literal snakes, mostly the politicians. Like I said, I never have been big into politics, but I really think I would be if I felt that there were people in government that I could trust. Can we get a modern day political St. Patrick?

Sorry for the random thoughts, but hey, if that's what I have in my head, that's what I'll be sharing with you. But if you were curious if I was into the holiday spirit, I am going for a Shamrock Shake later, I am wearing green, drinking a Guinness, and made a pizza. Not that the last part is Irish at all, but it was very delicious, so I don't think the Irish in me will mind.

1 comment:

  1. I JUST LOVE YOUR THOUGHTS!!!!!
    Let me know how successful you are in finding someone to remove the snakes
    Finally, did you enjoy your Guinness??

    ReplyDelete