Sunday, June 21, 2009

Church

Today, I went to an LDS church with my friend Brad. I don't really know much about the LDS church, so I thought it would be a neat thing to experience. And it was except for I forgot how uncomfortable I get in churches. I am not sure what it about churches that make me uncomfortable. It isn't like any of the people or the service itself made me uncomfortable. I think it is the fact that this is something all/most of these people share, this faith in their GOD and the belife that they are worshipping Him correctly. I guess that is where I am normally lost with most churches. All the rules and structures that churches put in place to 'worship' GOD. I can understand a lot of their reasons for meeting GOD in the ways and places they do, but I don't really agree. But I can agree to disagree with them and let them do their thing. Again, this applies to all churches, not just the one I went to yesterday.

The funny thing is that Brad had invited me to go with him last week. I couldn't because I had some work to do, but before he left, I saw him get into his car in a suit. I sort of regretted saying I would go with him cause I didn't have any nice clothes with me, so earlier in the week, Brad and I had to go get some dress clothes for me. Might I say, I look good dressed up. A bit sad that I didn't take a picture.

1 comment: