Monday, June 29, 2009

Random Venting

When I sit down to write my blog, I always hope that whatever comes out makes people think or just laugh (I usually, unintentionally get the latter.) Most of the time I have an idea of what I want to write. Today is not one of those days. Really wasn't that good of a day, but for some reason I feel it was better than it could have been. Let me explain. (Isn't that a writer's 'no-no'? Ending a paragraph like that? Anyone know?)

Today started as poorly as any other when working for Siren, way too early at 7am. I am not a morning person, I don't really get up well and it takes me awhile to get going. Being responsible, I try to get up around an hour before work, usually I still lay in bed for about 30 minutes looking at things on my iPhone. I then go down the two flights of stairs to the office carrying my bowl of Count Chocula cereal. I know what you're thinking, 'How can your morning start poorly when you have Count Chocula?' and really, that is the thing that makes my morning, but, either way, I digress. The reason I get to the office at 8am is to go over tech invoices and reconcile them with the database. I will then pull inventory for the techs so that they can just come in, check to make sure they have it all, and be on their merry way. Today, as has happened a few other times, I was missing invoices. This really doesn't surprise me, what did was that I didn't have tech invoices for any of my 5 techs, including the lead tech. Whatever, guess I am used to it. I text the lead tech and within 30 minutes, I received 2 of my techs paperwork. By 9:30am I was only missing two more sets. I got one more at 11am-ish. The last one brought his in around 2-2:30pm. Awesome. A job that would take 90 minutes kept me in the office for almost 7 hours. Like I said, guess I'm used to it. The lead tech and I talked and this issue should be resolved soon, but I have said that before.

The part that really bothered me was later. Marissa, the office manager, wanted to go to Olive Garden for the soup/salad/breadsticks deal. We rush over there to get in by 3:50pm which is 10 minutes before the deal ended. We had as wonderful a lunch as you can have at the Olive Gardan. I even started a conversation with 2 of the waitresses about movies. Then the bill comes stating the time of 4:00:09pm. Yes, 9 seconds after the deal expired. Cost us each like an extra 4-5 bucks, not even sure. I just didn't feel like arguing. So we left. If you have ever been to the Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) area, you know it has horrible traffic ALL THE TIME! For some reason, someone here thinks its a good idea to have 2 lane highways with all the people they have here. If you have ever driven with me, you know I hate sitting in traffic. So knowing some back roads, I start making my way back to the office. I am about halfway home, when I notice a guy in a yellow shirt, sitting on a motorcycle, right by the crosswalk. As I pass he pulls out behind me and turns on his lights. Cop. I get a ticket for 49 in a 35. I actually say to the cop, "Not to sound like a jerk, but are you sure I was going that fast?' and I actually get out of my car to see his radar. I have no idea what he was tracking, but I was not going 49. I was behind a truck and, if i was going 49, the truck was too. If he wasn't going that fast, neither was I. Again, I think whatever, I know I wasn't going that fast, I'll try and fight it, and I drive away. This is my second ticket in 2 months. The last one, I'll admit to, this one, no. Guess well see how the fight goes in a little bit.

Well those were pretty much the crappy parts of the day. I love, after getting a ticket, hearing everyones' stories about getting out of their tickets. Yeah thanks guys, any help for getting out of mine? No? Shut your mouth then. I didn't even want to drive or go to the Olive Garden that badly, it was Marissa who did. Well nothing I can do about it now.

Well maybe a bit more studying of French will cheer me up. Yes, I picked French and I hope in a few weeks to be able to speak it fairly well. That may be pushing it, but I do better when challenged. (At least I THINK I do.)

3 comments:

  1. I am definitely praying you have a better day today!!!! Though I do find those terrible days make me appreciate my slow & boring days more than I would have. Love you,Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was informed by some neighbors that the cops have a habit of adding MPH to your speed. Not happy about it but it sounds like I maybe able to fight it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a ticket while I was there. You have to go plead not guilty, then they will mail you a court day that is probably six months away (so they told me). I still did it, and there is a driving probation option that can keep the ticket off your record for like $30 more. It still sucks though. Tickets are expensive. You should have tried to con Marissa into flirting with him, or telling him she'd make out with him if he stopped being a jerk and ripped up the ticket.

    ReplyDelete