Thursday, October 1, 2009

And the Alarm Went Off

Actually, the alarm didn't go off. I was late for work this morning. Not really happy about it.

Before I went to sleep last night, I thought it would be a good idea to lay in bed and read for a bit, a normal routine for me. I was reading on my phone when the 20% battery warning comes up. 'I'll just finish the chapter then call it a night.' I think. Too bad I pass out mid sentence before I got a chance to plug the phone in. So I wake up the next day, thinking, 'Man, I feel so rested. Wonder when the alarm is going to go off." I enjoy laying in my bed for a bit till I really start to wonder why my alarm hasn't gone off, and, boy, it sure is brighter than it normally is in the morning when I wake. That's when I reach over for my phone, find it's not there, and it hits me like a wave.

Yeah, not a great way to start the day. Jumped in the shower, dressed, and rushed to work. Everyone said they were worried about me. I felt a bit foolish but that is to be expected. Luckily, the rest of the day went smoothly. I would say it was pretty much an all around good day. Why can't every day start at noon?

1 comment: