Monday, October 26, 2009

Visiting Buffalo in November (or 'More Proof That I Need To Get My Head Examined')

Whose bright idea was this? Buffalo and Toronto in mid/late November? I did not think this all the way through when I agreed to the trip. I mean, I love my family, I do. I will be excited to see them and be home for a few days, but I would just rather see them in, how shall I put this, more 'livable' weather. I moved away from there because I don't enjoy the weather. I do like the cold (well, mostly the cool of fall) just not a fan of 6 months of snow. I really don't think it's very likely that there won't be snow while I'm up there, but I can hope.

The trip should really be a lot of fun. Aside from seeing my family, which is always a good time, my friend Jeff and I will be going to a few hockey games, one in Buffalo and one in Toronto. While in Toronto, we will be checking out the Hockey Hall of Fame. I think I should research that a bit and figure out some players in there that I would like to see.

This trip will help fulfill one of the items on my bucket list. I recently started a list of places I wanted to visit sometime in my life. It eventually transformed into a list of things I want to do sometime in my life. One of them is see a hockey game in every arena. So far I have seen the Sabres and Coyotes but will be able to cross the Leafs off the list soon enough. Only 27 more to see. The funny thing was that, even though I had always wanted to go to every arena, I was thinking for a bit that I had to plan out what teams I saw where to make sure I see every team. Took me a bit to figure out that if I am seeing a game in every stadium, I will see every team play as a home team once. Duh! Sometimes I am not the swiftest thinker, but who said hockey fans are?

2 comments:

  1. I can't do anything about the weather, but I am very glad you are visiting and I hope you have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! When you decide to come to see the Caps here in DC, let me know... you've got a place to stay! ;-) -mj

    ReplyDelete