Monday, October 12, 2009

Started Looking

It finally got to me. I came home today and decided I have had enough with coming home upset at my job. I started looking for a new job. I have been working for this company for 5 months now. I know that people there actually like working with me (At least I know they ACT like they do), and I do like staying busy with things to do (A problem I had with a few other jobs I've had). My problem with this job is that I feel that I am asked to do what everyone feels they don't have time for. I think I just don't like feeling like the square peg being forced into the round hole. Looking over paperwork is not my forte. I don't enjoy catering to whiny little sales reps whole expect me to do half their paperwork for them. What they make from one of their deals is normally more than I make in a week. I feel bad asking for a raise even though I am doing at least twice the amount of work as I was in the outside office without a raise. Actually, I am sort of making less cause they paid for my housing out there, not so back here and I didn't even get a raise to compensate. The issue I have with asking for a raise is that I know this company isn't a Fortune 500 company, and some of my friends are making less than I am and, at least one of them has had just as big of an increase in responsibility.

The good news is that, in my 20 minutes of looking, I did find 2 jobs that looked pretty neat. I'll apply for them tomorrow, after refreshing my resume. Maybe something good would come out of this.

1 comment:

  1. We will be praying for you to find something you like better, or for this job to improve.
    Keep us updated

    ReplyDelete