Monday, July 6, 2009

Death of a (Potential) Salesman

I found out I'm not really interested in door to door sales. I tried to go out with one of the reps today to see what its like and see if I could do it. I watched for about a half dozen doors and then I took the lead. Not five sentences into my pitch, I am tripping over my words and trying to figure out what to say. I bombed most of the ones I tried, though one I might have been able to get if I could have figured out what to say. The good news is that Pat H. was with me and might save the deal, he'll go back on Wednesday to see if they are still interested in the system.

Though I am not going to give up and I hope to get at least one deal before the end of the summer, I don't really think sales is in my future. Not that I am upset about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment