Friday, July 31, 2009

Waiting on the word

As you probably know by now, I am working a summer sales program with Siren Inc. in Texas. When I was hired I was told that this was only a summer job but most likely, if I did well, they would find a job for me at the corporate office after the summer. My boss and many others have told me that I have been doing a wonderful job this summer. For a few weeks, since I almost went back to Arizona but was asked (told) to stay, I have been under the impression that I would have a job back there after the summer. They had SAID I would have a job, but never really told me what it would be. None of my questions to anyone were ever answered as to what my job would be so I began to wonder if I was going to have a job then. So, when I was asked to go to the extension office, I figured it would be a good time to find out what I would be doing after the summer back at corp. So I told my boss, if I was going to go to the extension office, I would need to be promised a job at corp. I am very glad I asked because she told me that they are trying to find a place to put me back there. I thought it would be a simple 'yes' and I would just Find out what I'd be doing there later. But it really has been a waiting game.My boss will be talking to the VP of the company 2 weeks from tomorrow to figure out what will be going on with me. It bothers me that it will take that long to figure that out cause, by then, if I don't have a job with Siren, I should have another job lined up. I wish they would just give me an answer so I would know what is going on. I just get the feeling that they will try to force me into the other office and then not give me a job, but I just have to trust them a little and have plans in case it doesn't work out.

The good news is everyone loves me here. (At least, that's what they tell me.)

2 comments:

  1. With the way things are going with businesses today, it maybe taking that long to figure out where to put you and under what departments budget. So, don't get discouraged!! And we will keep praying for you.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dood, I know how you feel! Waiting to hear if T-Mobile would keep me after the holiday season was excruciating! Everyone liked me and said I was a "sure thing". But, until you hear it officially with what you'll do it's stressful!

    ReplyDelete