Sunday, July 12, 2009

Friday's notes

I wanted to mention this earlier, but the last few days had been a bit taxing on me. You might have noticed those very short posts, yeah, sorry, sometimes I can be very lazy. But I will give you guys an update.

So Wednesday night, two of my friends, Whitney and Christine, came into town. They were out in the Siren New Jersey North office, which merged with the Fort Worth office, and stopped in to visit on their way back to Phoenix. It was really nice to see them again. On Thursday night, one of the reps from their office who is now here was having a B-Day party so the three of use went. I had a good time getting to meet the new reps. I ended up getting back at around 1am. This became a problem when I woke up to drive to San Antonio for my little brother graduation. By 'a problem' I mean I went back to sleep till like almost 6am. I then spent over 4 hours in the car, in which time I was called 3 times for deliveries. The person who was filling in for me just decided not to go to the office in the morning, so we missed a delivery or two. The drive actually didn't feel that long but it might because I looked like a head-banger. Next time I have that long of a drive, I'll make sure I have a good nights sleep and coffee/energy drinks. When I got to San Antonio I found I was too late for the graduation. So I hung out at the hotel that my parents were staying at till they got back. Then, when Pat got there, we went out to eat and stopped by the Alamo. Yes, I will remember it, and no I could not find the basement of the Alamo. About 4pm I figured I should be heading home, so I spent another 4+ hours in the car driving back to my apartment. After arriving at the apartments, I spent the rest of the night moving boxes around the office, receiving shipments, and pretty much just doing what I do. No offense to anyone I work with, and I don't really think I am this valuable, but I really wonder how long this office would be able to stay open without me.

When looking back on Friday, and yes there were some fun parts in it, but for the most part, I wonder why I enjoy msking my life so hard. But I think it mostly came from a lack of sleep, or maybe that's just an excuse to sleep more.

1 comment:

  1. It was so good to see you!!! Thank you so much fro making the trip. I know it was long, but Pat was glad to see you and it meant a lot to him that you came so far just for him. I'll get some pictures to you as soon as I can.

    ReplyDelete