Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Going back to AZ early...or not.

It is pretty nice to find that your boss thinks highly of you. Today, I was told that one of the other office was going to close and combine with our office. I have two friends working in the office there in New Jersey, so I was pretty excited to hear they were coming here. It only took me a second to remember that there are 3 office positions and they are all filled here. So I quickly asked my boss what was going on with everyone. She tell me that I am being replaced as the inventory manager for Whitney, the inventory manager from New Jersey, and I was getting moved back to Corp to help in payroll. The company knew I was looking for a job after this summer gig is over, and they had an opening for me. I was pretty excited to be going back to Arizona. I would get to see my friends again and start looking at the houses in Tempe. I was also pumped for the different job I would be doing, not really sure what it was but I get bored easily, so a change was sort of needed. The news of the other office closing hadn't spread too much. The only other person I thought would know about it was Tyler, the head rep, who oversees this office. He had known about the merge, but when I mentioned that I was going to Corp, he laughs and says, 'I have the last word on that.' I get a call a bit later telling me that I was actually fought over and that I will be staying in Fort Worth for the rest of the summer and take the position at Corp after the summer is over. Pretty cool that Tyler thinks that highly of me to actually say that he wanted me to stay. As for my friends for New Jersey, Whitney is going to Corp and Christine is coming here for a few weeks, to help the merge go smoothly, and then she'll head back to Corp.

Pretty eventful day for me and my job. I was a bit let down when it all changed. I was really excited how everything was working out, but now I get to stay in Fort Worth. Still some stuff I wanted to do here, so it all works out. Plus, not sure if I am totally ready for an Arizona summer!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I never know what I'm going to read here!
    Congradulations. We are very proud of you.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete